So this is really for posterity, but it might come across just like outright bragging, so if you're not directly related to Danny, please skip or be forewarned.
Danny had his very first parent-teacher conference yesterday (or we did?) and it was a rousing success. "Delightful" was the word used over and over. They said he was extremely bright (picks up and assimilates information extremely well), happy to help and pick up after himself, very kind and a very considerate friend (kissed the teacher's hand when she had a boo-boo!), enthusiastic about everything they do and full of life.
He likes "playing on the rug" (who knew this was a thing, but I guess it is) with Magna-tiles, trucks, and cars; cooking (they found this kind of charmingly unexpected, but we all know that this makes perfect sense); dancing to music and physical movement; playing outside on the deck with the other boys and the outside trucks; and jumping off hay bales, ha. His favorite thing is clay and 3D building, which he proved today when he built this "napping place" for the big Speed and Mater, complete with roof, oil cans inside to sip on, and the smaller, "little brother Mater":
He's not such a fan of drawing, coloring, or the art table, which is my experience at home too, and truly, a tragedy for going out to dinner.
His best friends are Ryan, Henry D, and Samia. Apparently Samia has quite a thing for Danny, so much so that Danny said to the teacher, "Why does she keep looking at me?" And one time, she flopped to the ground and said, "Danny, help me!!" His response: "First you help me, then I'll help you." Aunt Julia and I told him that Buzz Lightyear would probably have saved Samia, to which he laughed. But I do have to appreciate his modern, feminist attitude.
The only small note was that he's a little timid physically sometimes, and they recommended we get him a trike, which we're going to do this week. I told them with a chuckle that neither David nor I were the star athlete of our high school (although Dave was much better than I), so he may just be genetically unlucky in that area. But we'll continue to try different things with him and encourage him where we can. He's really fine, it doesn't seem to get in his way, but we can try to help him be as confident as possible.
But you know me, I'm such a worrier, and it was great. So wonderful to hear how your child is in the world. I've always said, all I want is for him to be kind. He certainly can be a brat at home sometimes (can I get an amen Lala?), but to the world, apparently, he is extremely thoughtful and sweet. I couldn't be prouder.
Friday, November 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
AH, SHADES OF SUNNYBROOK REVISITED....
"EVERYONE LOVES MARY"
YOU CAN BRAG ALL YOU WANT TO ME 'CAUSE I KNOW IT'S ALL TRUE.
Post a Comment