Monday, January 26, 2009

The Adventures of Shark Boy

(a thoroughly exhausted baby at the end of our trip)

Time for a father/son adventure. Danny and I headed down to the Long Beach Aquarium to check out the sea life they have on display. I had never been there, so, at least, I was excited about going. Dan found the sharks to be the most fascinating; he watched them carefully as they glided past the window of the tank. He waved at the silly sea otters rolling over and over in the water. At each tank we were able to get close to he seemed to carefully study whatever was on the other side of the glass. 


(behold my mad photographing skillz (with a z))

(clown fish)


Actually, I should say he spent most of his time carefully studying the fish while eating Joe's O's...



(not outside food allowed at the aquarium, so if you don't tell anyone, we are cool)

I am looking forward to the day that the aquarium excites him and can't wait for his first trip to Sea World. I am mildly considering buying a year long pass to the Long Beach Aquarium. It isn't as good as the Baltimore Aquarium but it is on the same level as the Seattle Aquarium. 

3 comments:

Heather said...

I love this headline so much. Maybe we should go to Monterey when you're in town? Or the new museum in SF?

Peter Hansen said...

Few things these days are better than a thoroughly exhausted baby at the end of the day.

Anonymous said...

The first of what I expect will be many adventures together. And as Danny explores the wide world, what a lucky boy he is to have you as his dad and guide.